Happiness eludes most people.
No matter how much one accomplishes in life, people always want more. Most people think the more they do, the more they achieve, the more recognition, the more material things they get will bring them that elusive quality called happiness.
Happiness does not come from anything outside. No one can make you happy. No one can make you feel good about being you—but you.
These five tips will move you to that seemingly far away place where happy people dwell:
1. Know exactly what you want in your life that will allow you to finally know happiness. Get clear on what your daily world must look like for you to feel fulfilled. Until you know where you are heading how can you know how to take your first step? You need to know your endpoint before you can map your route to get there.
2. Where are you right now? You also need to know your starting point when planning a route. To note your progress you want to see where and how you once lived so you can see the changes—even the subtle changes, you make each day. By comparing your new end point each day to the day before place you provide your own motivation to forge ahead on the path to your dream life.
3. Realize that your current life is actually pretty good–compared to how many people live around the globe. I know that fact because you have access to a computer. You know how to use it. And you know how to read and type. Wow! Do you realize how amazing your life is simply because of those few things you take for granted? Now look across your life and discover every little thing for which you feel thankful. Do it now.
4. Recognize that you create your tomorrow with the thoughts, decisions and actions you take today. Live in this present moment. Your past is over and done. All you have is now. Whatever happened in the past happened in the past. Period. Your future starts now. Pay attention to what you think and the choices you make now for they create your tomorrow.
5. Connect to your spirituality. No one reaches inner peace without knowing their spiritual side. No one else can tell you what to believe. You get to choose.
When people rely on technology to connect with people they limit their level of happiness – the kind that only happens in face-to-face encounters (and I do not mean video phone to video phone).
Traveling across the United States brought to my attention the very widespread use of technology on a practically non-stop basis. It appears that people are either afraid to be out of touch with their personal and business contacts OR they are so addicted to the gadgets they suffer withdrawal when they cannot use them.
Ride the metro rail in the Washington, D.C. area to witness that separation between people. Most people are either on their smart phones or iPads. People rarely speak to anyone in their presence or nearby vicinity.
Some restaurants post notices banning the use of cell phones.
Did you ever see a group of friends (I label friends because they come and go together), each one on a cell phone talking to somebody who is some place other than with them!
Today while flying across the country I noticed that people talked early in the flight – you know, during the take-off period while the plane climbs to cruising altitude and you cannot use electronics.
Upon reaching the cruising altitude most people fell silent as phones and computers lit up across the plane.
No. Not every person – many people.
For the final half hour of the flight, again when electronics go off, you could hear the buzz of conversation.
Technology keeps people in their homes getting to know people on the other side of the country or the globe. How many people talk to or even know their next-door neighbors?
When you feel a desire, something you want to be, do or have in life, KNOW that the Universe put it into your heart because you CAN manifest it.
Thanks for clicking the “like” button below to share this message with your friends and family.
Transitions: Where do we go when we transition out of this body and leave this life? When you know what you believe life gets more stress-free.
Happiness is your birthright. More than that it is the way to live life as it’s meant to be. Yes, without struggle.
Join the conversation to let us know how you feel about living in happiness,